Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Welcome to Madrid

The family and I ventured to Madrid on Saturday.  It was a journey right out of planes trains and automobiles.  We took a 1.5hr bus ride to the subway and then caught the train to Plaza Mayor.  We spent the day taking in the sights, food and street vendors; two of the three were incredible.  ;-)

Here are some picture from our trip.
 This was a fountain just outside of our subway stop.  I have no idea now what it was called but the kids liked it!



 This is a statue of Don Quixote, I was proud of myself for being able to answer that question for a nearby tourist and reassured when a nearby local confirmed it for me!
 I don't think I will make it to Egypt while I am here is Spain so they moved part of Egypt here for me!  Okay, well that's not really true but... turns out there is an Egyptian temple that was moved here to save it from being lost under the water from the Aswan Dam.  Luck us!


 It was crazy to see actual Egyptian carvings/hieroglyphs.
 There's the city behind us.
 I'll have to edit this later because I can't remember what this was, but I think it was an old church of that is next to the presidential palace.
 My girls!
 The whole cathedral was beautiful but the other pictures didn't turn out well.  I liked the images on the doors though and so did Violet.  She's pretending to punch the head of one of the men.  She's pretty hilarious.

 This is Amanda's favorite Pope... actually we have no idea who this was.  Just a good picture op.
 the Streets of Madrid!

 Plaza Mayor!  Major place for visitors!  Really cool


 the streets are so small and beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment