Friday, October 17, 2014

I just need...

A couple of things that I have noticed I'm missing here in Spain.  On Monday it will have been three weeks since I last drove a car.  I see people drive up to the school while I'm walking up to the front doors and I realize that I miss driving my tiny little manual transmission car as if it were a performance machine fit for Formula 1 racing.  ...speeding around the round-about and beating people off the line at the stop lights, I don't care that it was just a soccer-mom distracted by the kids in the back, it's the simple things.  Or MUSIC!!! I don't get American music easily in Spain.  No Pandora, no music in the basic cable package I have and no radio stations that scratch that itch.  Oh, I have a collection on my phone and more on my other hard drive but nothing NEW and fresh to get addicted to.

Part of my assignment here is to talk, yep just talk to students.  Two days a week during a 30 minute break in the morning I meet with kids to talk about... well, whatever as long as it is in English.  I'm hoping they can introduce me to some good Spanish music.  I've heard a few songs that would stack up well against the music I listen to in the states so maybe that will help.

Good chocolate!  Some 70% cacao with some chili peppers added for a little extra kick.  So far I haven't found anything comparable at the stores here in my little town.

The simple things...

No comments:

Post a Comment